Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tae-yang states: “I myself wasn’t happy anymore”

Does he reallyneed a girl” like one of his hit songs implied this year?


Big Bang’s sexy gentleman Tae-yang was recently interviewed by 10 Asia. In the interview he was quoted stating,”I myself wasn’t happy anymore”. What does this mean?

Well, POPSEOUL has found the best excerpts of the interview just for you our dedicated readers. Sit back and enjoy Tae-yang’s interview with10 Asia and find out what he is talking about.

Have you become able to do music for yourself rather than music for music?

Tae-yang: That’s the answer I found. I did music because I needed to become happy. But it turned out I myself wasn’t happy anymorebecause I kept worrying over such issues and I was becoming someone who relies solely on music without having any other life.

Why is music so important to you?

Tae-yang: This was how it was from the very beginning but to me, doing music in itself is very important. There’s a part of me that is extremely shy when it comes to expressing something or showing my emotions to people. Since I was young, if I feel something I would keep it inside me and think about it deeply. And music was important in that it helped me feel those emotions. There were many times when I was moved and felt emotions through music rather than by meeting people. Because I could feel or express many emotions without having to experience them directly. That’s why I do music, I can express my emotions the most when I’m on stage, and show myself as I am to the fullest.

This album definitely seems to stray away from the trend of Korean music these days. But aren’t you worried? You said you wanted to do music where you can sing delicately within a fixed rhythm and gradually create an elegant bounce but that’s not the popular style in Korea.

Tae-yang: I do think that the music I seek to do is actually quite far from what’s popular right now. And in a review, I read I was similar to some musician overseas, so that was frustrating as well because this is an album I made not thinking of any of that. I just went with how I feel. My goal is to do music which I am best at doing and that which sounds the best when done by me. Looking down the road, I also want to show not just Korea but the world that there is a singer who can do such music and sing such songs. I still decided to go with “I Need a Girl” for the title track though because it could reach out to the more common public.

You used to say that acknowledging yourself is important but now it seems that having confidence in yourself has become more important.

Tae-yang: Yes. I have to know myself better and become confident.

Is there anything you have found out about yourself while working on this album?
Tae-yang: It’s not that I didn’t know myself before. But I think I’ve found out about myself in more detail this time. For example, if I have any bad habits, I’ve confirmed it and there are things I have accepted when it comes to things I can’t do anything about. Thoughts like, I’m me. In a way, I’ve found an answer to myself. A realization about what sort of music I should do in the future.

*All credits go to 10 asia for the interview questions and responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment