Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Onew is a Good Son

SHINee‘s clumsy leader isn’t only a good student, he’s also a good son.

On the September12th broadcast of KBS 2TVNight Travel Agency,” it was revealed that Onew spent his hard-earned money to buy his father a mid-sized car.

During the “Dracula Game” corner of the show, there is a situation when guests have to confess either a bad act or a good act. In that situation, Onew confessed, “With the first money I earned, I bought my father a mid-sized car. After doing that my uncle called me praising me that I was a ‘kind son.’” Onew said that he did it out of filial piety, as his father was without a car for over 10 years.

Though it is somewhat of a tradition for Korean children to give their parents a gift when they receive their first paycheck, a car is a pretty hefty gift. If a car is filial duty these days, then probably only Onew fits the description of a filial child.

Within the day “Filial Son (효자 hyoja) Onew” is topping search engines.

Onew’s good reputation keeps building and building. Onew is really that good boy you can take home to mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment