Saturday, January 23, 2010


Today, 2AM released their third single, “Even If I Die, I Can’t Let Go” (죽어도 못 보내).

2AM topped charts with their last two singles, “This Song,” and “A Friend’s Confession.” Is this going to be 2AM’s ballad hat trick?

With a new style concept, the song’s story is about pleading for a love not to leave. Sweet and sad, it’s an easy listen and evokes the kind of feeling you expect of a sad Korean ballad. But, this song isn’t exactly the “brand new” concept that the first teaser led us to believe it would be.

One interesting point is the inclusion of an R&B drum track during the chorus. Is that the new part? Maybe the new part is instead of confessing love, this song is about trying to hold onto love. 2PM was fairly accuratein describing the song as “familiar while not being too ordinary.”

Anyway, it’s a solid song and well-sung, though still very similar to the 2AM of yesteryear. (We’re not complaining about that.)

The “Even If I Die, I Can’t Let Go (EP)” track listing: (literal translations of titles)
1. “Intro”
2. “Even If I Die, I Can’t Let Go” (죽어도 못 보내)
3. “I’m Sorry I Can’t Make You Smile” (웃어 줄 수 없어서 미안하다)
4. “I Love You” (Feat. Baek Chan and Ju-hee of 8eight)
5. “To That Girl” (그녀에게) (Feat. Chansung of 2PM)
6. “Outro”

No comments:

Post a Comment