Saturday, September 26, 2009


What else can he do but deny it?

YG producer and former 1TYM leader Teddy Park has spoken up about the current plagiarism accusations surrounding YG Entertainment. In a phone interview with AM 7, the rapper/producer firmly denied accusations of plagiarism.

Teddy produced “I Don’t Care“, the 2NE1 hit that is now under scrutiny for allegedly borrowing from Lionel Richie’s song “Just Go“.

Teddy told AM 7:

“I did listen to the Lionel Richie song following the controversy over “I Don’t Care.” You can’t say it is plagiarism just because the feel, not the melody, of the two songs is similar. Two people living on the opposite sides of the world could have similar facial features. It is not right to say it is plagiarism just because the feel of the songs is similar. I feel frustrated that some people are convinced that I used the Richie song as a reference, if not plagiarized.”

Teddy added:

“When you write a song and if that song is similar to another song then it is the composer’s responsibility to make changes. However, as far as this song (”I Don’t Care”) is concerned, heaven knows and I know that I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of so I will not discuss it at length.”

Thus far, Teddy, Yang Hyun-suk and Park Myung-soo have all spoken up about the plagiarism issue. Who’s next in line to give their two cents?

No comments:

Post a Comment